ITZY Motto and Le Sserafim BOOMPALA

Date: 2026-05-22 05:25 pm (UTC)
glitteryv: (Default)
From: [personal profile] glitteryv
ITZY - Motto is a good song that works because it's in this group's wheelhouse. It's extremely pop (positive comment). I'm deffo thinking of checking out the mini this weekend. As for the MV, ughhhhhhhhhhhh, it's nothing but a grotesque, ai slop extravaganza. 👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾 on that.


Le Sserafim - BOOMPALA lets the "Macarena" sample do a LOT OF THE HEAVY LIFTING. Which is something I'm kinda at odds with.

OTOH, it'll work as bait/lure for ppl (born pre-2000) who experienced "Macarena" as a GLOBAL hit. There legit was a point between 1993 and 1997 where you couldn't escape that song even if you wanted to. :|

OTOH, it comes up so many times in the song (to the point of some of its melody being part of LSF's song) to the point of toe the line into "song cover" territory.

I . . . didn't like most of the MV. It was a LOT OF A LOT ALL THE TIME. This lead to a v. unpleasant (for me) OTT visual experience.

OTOOH, the song is fine when I listen to it on its own OR watched LSF perform it at music shows. It also works really well in the AMAZINGNESS that is Pureflow pt.1. So there's that.

Re: ITZY Motto and Le Sserafim BOOMPALA

Date: 2026-05-25 08:57 am (UTC)
halotolerant: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halotolerant
Yes the BOOMPALA Macarena nostalgia is definitely aimed at me personally! And I like the song quite a lot on that basis but it's not my favourite of LSF's output

ZB1 Top 5

Date: 2026-05-25 08:58 am (UTC)
halotolerant: (Default)
From: [personal profile] halotolerant
I need someone deeper in the ZB1 lore to comment on the intricacies of the new 5 member ZB1 releasing a song called 'Top 5'... I was just in Japan (for the first time! it was very exciting!) and there was ZB1 promo very heavily in all the music and music-adjacent shops I went to

Date: 2026-06-04 10:24 pm (UTC)
theultimateburrito: (r)
From: [personal profile] theultimateburrito
this is a belated reply but OKay is SUCH a killer song i love it so much. the MV is sick, i love the low poly PS1-style graphics-- and the choreo is so addicting! ive had it on constant loop, its The Song Of The Summer(tm) for me

Profile

paradisediner: (Default)
The Paradise Diner

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 4th, 2026 03:04 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios